We are seeking a Research Assistant to join our team.
The research assistant will work closely with Ceren Baysan (University of Toronto), Onur Altındağ (Bentley University), and Lydia Assouad (London School of Economics) to implement a field experiment on business development and social integration in Turkey. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to frequent field visits, coordination of the local research team, monitoring data collection and intervention, and cleaning and analyzing data. The research assistant will need to spend substantial time in Gaziantep.
- Completed or ongoing master’s degree or an ongoing PhD degree in economics or a related field.
- Training and expertise in quantitative research methods.
- Proficiency/competency in STATA and/or R. Knowledge of other computer languages (e.g. Python) is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Interest in applied microeconomic research.
- Fluency in Turkish and English. Fluency in Arabic is a plus.
- Both the recruitment date and duration of the position are negotiable. The earliest start date is July 2023.
- Term: 6 months, subject to renewal for up to at least 2 years based on mutual agreement. A shorter term may be possible.
- Salary: Competitive with Turkish private university research assistant salaries, including benefits. Negotiable based on experience and professional background.
Please note that the research team is available to provide mentorship and assistance in career development. This is a position that is valuable for pursuing graduate school in economics or a related field.
Please provide a CV, short cover letter, transcript, and contact information for two references. We will start reviewing applications as they come in.
- Posted on:
- April 5, 2023
- 2 minute read, 277 words
- See Also: